January 1, 2014 by J. Truett Glen
I started making these lists in Jan. 2010, and it has served me well the last 4 years. So, here is the list of goals that will hopefully help guide my thoughts, words, actions, and relationships in a constructive manner. Many continue to remain in place, as they continue to hold a very valuable place in my life. Pleas feel free to ask me how I am doing in these areas as the year progresses.
1. Communicate with the Creator, Savior, and Guide more through Bible reading and prayer, and take up my cross to follow him each day.
2. Be a more active servant to my wife.
3. Spend more individually focused time with all of my daughters.
4. Spend significant time, individually and corporately, with the members of our local body of believers.
5. Go on a date with my wife once a month.
6. Serve my department and colleagues at Bryan College more intentionally.
7. Complete my portion of the writing on a book I’m writing with colleagues.
8. Begin the application process for gaining acceptance into a PhD program for Fall 2015.
9. Plan a special 15th anniversary event for my wife.
10. Blog a bit more J.
11. Visit another country.
12. Consistently exercise twice a week.
13. Run at least a 5K race.
14. Eat less bread and especially pizza
15. Get down to 190 pounds.
16. Start learning to play the banjo.
17. Present a paper at a conference.
18. Shoot, process, and eat a deer.
19. Help my wife obtain and start raising chickens.
20. Work with my wife to plant and nurture a successful garden.
As always, there should be more on the list, but this is enough to keep me busy. I’d love to hear about goals that you have this next year and ways you want to grow as a person. May God bless your new year with growth in every area of your life. Happy New Year!